Choose Your Own Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

June 13th, 2006 - A Million Bucks



Wow, not a lot of FOC articles left, you know? During this period I was keeping a lot of notes on the making of FOC2, which we had just wrapped up shooting.

June 13th

Ok, I'm gonna give ya a little inside information. And before you go thinking I'm buying a Ferrari and moving to the coast, understand that I don't necessarily see any of this money.

What you see above you is a tracking chart on how FOC has done from its release on Feb 28th up to June 6th. Yep, as you can see, it's made over a million dollars in rentals. Not too shabby for a film that cost under 50K and had NO none actors whatsoever.

What's interesting to me though is what's going on in the past two weeks. There's actually an UPSWING in viewers--I would assume a movie comes out and then decreases until it's no longer doing any business.

Sure, you could say a one-week upturn is just an anomaly. But FOC increased one week by 6% and then the following week by 29%--and there's been no press that I know of to spark the sudden re-interest.

But hey--my picture has made over a million dollars in RENTALS ALONE. Sure would love to get my hands on the sales figures though...

No comments:

Post a Comment