Choose Your Own Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2009

August 21st, 2003

I remember this vividly. We were extremely up front about the Amanda part requiring nudity. It said so in the casting notice, it said so in the sides, and when we auditioned people we asked beforehand if they were aware of it and okay with it.

Anyway, I looked her up today because her name is pretty unique. She has no listing whatsoever on imdb and I couldn't find anything other than a Facebook page.

So I can say with absolute certainty that her career would be in no worse shape had she taken the part of Amanda.

August 21, 2003

Had three full auditions. Sarah D. came back for another read. When we finished she says, “I just wanted to talk to you about something.”

Uh oh.

She then tells us she’s not so comfortable with the nudity. She talked to an agent who thought it wasn’t a great idea at this point in her career. So she’s out, and I’d pretty much penciled her in as Amanda.

All told we received well over 1000 headshots.

I’ve cast almost all of the roles now. We’re about four weeks away from shooting and we’ve got lots of obstacles. Lots of things that need to be done. I’m not even positive my DP is coming. May have to shoot this myself, which just puts more shit on my plate.

Tomorrow we get headcasts done for Lisa Willis-Brush, who plays Julie, and John Patrick Barry who plays Officer Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment