Choose Your Own Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2009

June 7th, 2003

The first casting session was a bit of a disaster. Not that many people showed up, and I gave everyone WAY too long to try out. I wasn't really experienced in casting, and I acted a bit too nice--even giving the horrible people five minutes of time.

Live and learn, huh?


JUNE 7th

Held first auditions. Rented a conference facility at a local hotel. My wife had her friend Anne help out, and her cousin Denise and my mom also came to help manage the people.

About 50 people showed up, which was less than I expected, but it was a good thing. As it is, some of the people were waiting over 3 hours, and we ran over by about 45 minutes.

Mark Lassise came. He’s the clown. Plain and simple. First time I saw him I thought it was a little eerie how close he looked to what I had in mind when I was writing. Except, Mark is a lot more muscular than I had envisioned, but I think it makes him even scarier.

A girl named Sarah D. came in. Very cute, interested in the Amanda role. Seemed okay with the nudity and she read well.

Another man named Christopher Lee Philips came in and was great as Osbourne. Seemed a little disappointed the part isn’t bigger, and I can’t blame him. Would be a waste of his talent, but as they say “There’s no small parts, only small actors”. May try him for Parrish.

Saw a couple of decent actors for the role of Phillip. Still not satisfied with what I’ve seen for the lead though. There have been a couple of decent actresses, but no home runs. There’s going to be a point where I have to choose between some actresses with the right look who are okay actresses and the excellent actresses who don't look the part. I think I’ll go for the latter. This movie hinges on her performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment